Friday, July 9, 2010

Planes and Jet Lag

As of right now, I am still trying to adjust to the jet lag here in Taiwan. The night before our first flight I only got about 2.5-3 hours of sleep. So I tried to get some sleep on the long plane ride(over 12 hours!) from Houston to Tokyo. Well the plane we were on was a new plane and had tv's inside the seat head rests. They were touch screen and had games, movies, tv shows, and music from old school all the way to new releases. When we finally arrived in Tokyo, I had watched 5 movies, and 6 20 minute tv shows. So it has been over 16 hours and I only had a bout 3 hours of sleep. I have learned that you must try to get a good night's sleep before a long flight to a completely different time zone. So that you can adjust your sleeping schedule more easily. Even today, I only had 4 hours of sleep because I kept waking up in the middle of the night. Hopefully within the next couple of days I will adjust to the new time zone and get my sleeping schedule on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment